Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Calendula Salve

Here is the recipe for a wonderful multipurpose salve!!

1 cup infused calendula olive oil. 
1/2 cup grated beeswax ( use local if possible)
10-40 drops lavender essential oil. 

I used a double boiler . You honestly don't need anything fancy, I just used a glass Pyrex bowl over a small pot of simmering water.  Add the olive oil, and beeswax and melt it together. Once the beeswax dissolved add your essential oil and pour into your container of choice!  You can be creative and play around with this recipe. You will notice in my photo that I added some dried lavender, chamomile, & calendula in my oil while it simmered in the double boiler. I strained it after about 10 minutes. Then added my beeswax .You can also use diffrent essential oil, like Melaleuca, wild orange, grapefruit... They all have great benefits.  This should last for one year, but we always run out way before a year. 

 Uses for this Salve:Bug bites, rashes, lips, dry skin, cuts, scrapes, and minor burns, face moisturizer, and it's safe for babies!
  

 I infuse my dry calendula flowers in organic olive oil for about 6 weeks or longer.  You can also infuse lavender, chamomile, and marshmallow root. All of those herbs are beneficial to your skin.


   Hope you enjoy it. These make beautiful gifts. 

I'd love to hear what herbs you use if you make your own salves?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment